Friday, June 26, 2015

Amy
Today was probably the happiest and saddest day of my trip. The performance was the culmination of all of our time together, and though we couldn’t understand the lyrics of their songs and vice versa, the feelings we had for each other showed through the language barrier. During lunch, I had given four students farewell letters detailing the highlights I had with them, and in the seven hours between lunch and the performance, two of them also prepared and gave me gifts. I can’t explain their kindness well enough to show the true hearts of these people, but I can say that I literally had to chase one down and sneak money into his bag because he would not accept anything in return. Afterwards, we headed to the hotel to say goodbye. It was the first time I had ever cried while saying goodbye to anyone. For some reason, even though the time we spent with the Mongolian students was only half the time of that which we spent with the WLSA students, it felt like we had known these people all of our lives. I am eager to return to Hohhot as soon as possible to see my friends again.


No comments:

Post a Comment